27 February 2011

Everybody knows his bright red van

This is one thing I love about the postal/courier companies.

If you post an item, you pay the postage, I do get that. But, if you want a guarantee that they won’t lose it or you know accidentally break it, you have to pay that little extra. Otherwise they might and you know there is nothing you can do about it.

Let’s imagine that I was a roofer, building/repairing your roof, and you said to me, “Hey, you’re sure this isn’t going to come crashing down around me?” and I responded, “Oh, you want to be sure? I didn’t know that. You better pay me an extra £1000 then.”

Wouldn’t you have me arrested or send Anne Robinson around or something?

But when it’s the Royal Mail, UPS or something, we just have to bend over and take it where they put it and go back for more the next time we want to post something else.

Isn’t capitalism grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment